On Thin Ice, winless in 2005, kicked off his 5-year-old season with his first graded stakes win, romping to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Phipps Stable's 5-year-old homebred Philanthropist, who arrives from New York with a three-race win streak, and Robert LaPenta's 6-year-old gelding Seek Gold, runner-up in the Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) at Calder last out, will face off in a field of nine older horses entered for the 1 1/8-mile Hal's Hope at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Alumni Hall outran the outsider On Thin Ice through the stretch to win the $150,000 Fayette Stakes (gr. III) Saturday as Keeneland ended its 17-day fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely