On Thin Ice, winless in 2005, kicked off his 5-year-old season with his first graded stakes win, romping to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Phipps Stable's 5-year-old homebred Philanthropist, who arrives from New York with a three-race win streak, and Robert LaPenta's 6-year-old gelding Seek Gold, runner-up in the Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) at Calder last out, will face off in a field of nine older horses entered for the 1 1/8-mile Hal's Hope at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Alumni Hall outran the outsider On Thin Ice through the stretch to win the $150,000 Fayette Stakes (gr. III) Saturday as Keeneland ended its 17-day fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw