After showing her fondness for Belmont Park with a front-running triumph in the Acorn Stakes (gr. I) one month ago, Gabby's Golden Gal will cut back in distance for trainer Bob Baffert in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I) July 4.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin will send the promising Saarlight as the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $200,000 Jostle Stakes at Philadelphia Park June 13.
A year ago, Larry Jones saddled Proud Spell to victory in the Matron Stakes (gr. II). Jones can only hope his entry in this year's Matron, On the Menu, is destined for the same kind of success. On Sept. 13, she tries stakes company for the first time in the prestigious $250,000 event for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont.
Graded stakes winner Canadian Frontier got his initial winner when his daughter On the Menu won Aug. 24 at Delaware Park in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking