After showing her fondness for Belmont Park with a front-running triumph in the Acorn Stakes (gr. I) one month ago, Gabby's Golden Gal will cut back in distance for trainer Bob Baffert in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I) July 4.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin will send the promising Saarlight as the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $200,000 Jostle Stakes at Philadelphia Park June 13.
A year ago, Larry Jones saddled Proud Spell to victory in the Matron Stakes (gr. II). Jones can only hope his entry in this year's Matron, On the Menu, is destined for the same kind of success. On Sept. 13, she tries stakes company for the first time in the prestigious $250,000 event for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont.
Graded stakes winner Canadian Frontier got his initial winner when his daughter On the Menu won Aug. 24 at Delaware Park in her first start.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap