Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, an upset winner over NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Artie Schiller in his most recent start, is the prohibitive favorite in a field of seven older turf runners in the $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Almost 14 months after fracturing his right front ankle, Brass Hat made good on his rehab and the faith of his owner and trainer with a 2 1/2-length victory in the $50,000 Prairie Bayou Stakes Saturday at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap