Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Honour Colony, claimed for $62,500 in her most recent start, won the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes on Saturday in a front-running upset.
A field of 10 fillies and mares have been entered for Saturday's $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes, the centerpiece of Canterbury Park's stakes schedule.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely