Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Honour Colony, claimed for $62,500 in her most recent start, won the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes on Saturday in a front-running upset.
A field of 10 fillies and mares have been entered for Saturday's $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes, the centerpiece of Canterbury Park's stakes schedule.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday