Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Honour Colony, claimed for $62,500 in her most recent start, won the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes on Saturday in a front-running upset.
A field of 10 fillies and mares have been entered for Saturday's $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes, the centerpiece of Canterbury Park's stakes schedule.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start