Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Honour Colony, claimed for $62,500 in her most recent start, won the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes on Saturday in a front-running upset.
A field of 10 fillies and mares have been entered for Saturday's $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes, the centerpiece of Canterbury Park's stakes schedule.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel