Four-time grade I winner My Flag died at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., after foaling a healthy bay colt by Bernardini on April 12.
Parading made it consecutive graded stakes victories when he held off Just as Well in the $150,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico May 16.
Stuck wide on the backstretch of the $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III), jockey Kent Desormeaux took a chance when he encouraged Parading to take control over his pace rivals heading into the final turn. The decision paid off when Parading ran away in upper stretch on the way to his first graded stakes victory April 19 at wet and windy Keeneland.
New Farm earned its second graded stakes win as an owner this weekend when homebred Forest Heiress pulled away in the stretch to win the six-furlong, $80,775 Valley Stream Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Sunday. On Saturday, New Farm's Delaware Township reeled of a victory in the Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) at Laurel Park. Ben Perkins Jr. trains both horses.
On Parade, one of the most highly anticipated fillies in years, will go for her second consecutive victory when she heads a field of six drawn for the grade III, $75,000 added Valley Stream at Aqueduct Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal