The jury may still be out on Real Quiet as a sire, but as far as Bob Baffert is concerned, when it comes to the fast-developing Pussycat Doll, the verdict is nearly in.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Sweet Catomine kicked off her 3-year-old campaign with a facile win over four overmatched foes in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park Sunday.
Sweet Catomine, whose 3-year-old debut was delayed Jan. 9 when racing at Santa Anita Park was postponed due to heavy rains and slick track conditions, returns Sunday in the rescheduled $100,000 Santa Ysabel (gr. III).
Sweet Catomine, the 2004 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) champion, makes her much-anticipated 3-year-old debut in Sunday's $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Merv Griffin's Cee's Irish, the even-money favorite, wore down pacesetter Island Escape in the final sixteenth of a mile for a nose victory in the $60,400 Corte Madera Stakes Sunday at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound