Jockey Federico Mata emerged relatively unscathed from a spill he took during the first under tack preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March sale of 2-year-olds in training at the Ocala Training Center on March 11.
American Lion, a multiple graded stakes-winning son of Tiznow, had his first mare pronounced in foal. Casner Racing's 5-year-old stallion is standing his first season at stud at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm in Lexington.
Making his stakes debut in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup, favored Papaw Bodie surged to the lead in upper stretch to post a convincing win at Sam Houston Race Park on the night of Jan. 28.
Buyers from regional markets were active during Saturday's session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale, contributing to strong growth for the day.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run