Jockey Federico Mata emerged relatively unscathed from a spill he took during the first under tack preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March sale of 2-year-olds in training at the Ocala Training Center on March 11.
American Lion, a multiple graded stakes-winning son of Tiznow, had his first mare pronounced in foal. Casner Racing's 5-year-old stallion is standing his first season at stud at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm in Lexington.
Making his stakes debut in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup, favored Papaw Bodie surged to the lead in upper stretch to post a convincing win at Sam Houston Race Park on the night of Jan. 28.
Buyers from regional markets were active during Saturday's session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale, contributing to strong growth for the day.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation