Robert M. "Bob" O'Malley, long-time executive at Suffolk Downs, died Feb. 25 at his home in Milton, Mass, after battling cancer for several years.
For the second year in a row, Suffolk Downs will not run the Massachusetts Handicap, which had been scheduled for Sept. 30, track management announced Wednesday.
Recent approval from the Massachusetts State Racing Commission of the TVG network and Magna Entertainment's XpressBet system means bettors there soon will be able to sign up for account wagering with either provider.
In the 1950s, vocalist Dinah Washington crafted a hit with the song "What a Difference a Day Makes." For trainer Bud Delp and the Robert E. Meyerhoff homebred Include, the $500,000 Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) at Suffolk Downs on June 2 could be titled "What a difference 50 minutes makes."
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow