Click on a Triple Crown winner to read from the historical pages of Blood-Horse. View Interactive
Relive the exciting campaigns of all the Triple Crown champions with photos, retrospectives, and on-site accounts of their Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victories from the pages of The Blood-Horse. View Interactive
Honoring the eleven horses who have captured the Triple Crown. View Slideshow
- By Steve Haskin
Racing can provide wonderful stories, such as last week's tale of Omaha and Morton Porter, and then can come right back and kick you in the head. read blog
- By Steve Haskin
For 87-year-old Morton Porter, the memories still are indelible, as he recalls those magical years with the only internationally renowned Triple Crown winner, Omaha. read blog
United States-based star Animal Kingdom appears poised to solidify his place among racing's all-time greats June 18 in the Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I), the first race on opening day at Royal Ascot.
In the third of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse of June 15, 1935 on Omaha winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
April 22, 1935
More than 1,700 people converged on AKsarben racetrack on May 30-31 when hundreds of items were auctioned, from photographs to grandstand seats.
This weekend in Omaha, Neb., grandstand seats, the jocks' room scale, and images of Triple Crown winner Omaha will be available when items from AKsarben racetrack are sold at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule