Black Caviar, Treve, and Wise Dan are to be recognized as the three top horses in the Longines World's Best Racehorse Ceremony at the gala dinner of the Longines Hong Kong International Races Dec. 6 in Hong Kong.
Horse of the Year Wise Dan will launch a title defense in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) from post 8 in a field of 10 off his only loss of 2013. Among his challengers is the horse who beat him, Silver Max.
First-time blinkers made all the difference for Olympic Glory, who cruised past supplemental entry Top Notch Tonto for a clear win in the 1 million QIPCO Queen Elizabeth Stakes II (Eng-I) Oct. 19 at Ascot.
Maxios upstaged favorite Olympic Glory in the Qatar Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 16 at Longchamp, romping home by five lengths in his second group I victory of 2013.
George Strawbridge's homebred Moonlight Cloud won a clash of top European stars Aug. 11 when the mare gamely held off outsider Olympic Glory to win the Prix Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville, France.
In a rousing finish in the first classic of the French season, Style Vendome tallied a fifth consecutive win by a neck in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I), or French Two Thousand Guineas, May 12 at Longchamp.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Olympic Glory and Silasol won the two races for juveniles on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard on Oct. 7 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap