Public relations executive Ed Lewi, founder of the Capital Region public relations agency that has assisted in media relations and marketing efforts for NYRA since the late 1970s, passed away Aug. 29. He was 81.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported on the progress of its construction of new facilities for the 2008 Olympic equestrian events during the week of its Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races. While the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing, the equestrian events will be held in Hong Kong.
By Lenny Shulman -- When compared with the transgressions in other professional and amateur sports, maybe racing isn't so bad.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze