Lucky Owners, owned by Mr. And Mrs. Leung Kai Fai, pulled off a mild 5-1 upset in the Sunday afternoon's Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin Racecourse. Bowman's Crossing was second, a half-length off the winner, and was 1 1/4-lengths ahead of race favorite Lohengrin, who finished third.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North