Rock the Rock, a winning son of Rock of Gibraltar, will stand at Iowa State University near Ames.
Irish-bred Charm the Giant rallied from eighth with a furlong to run en route to a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Michael Baze in the $111,500 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the grass as Hollywood Park opened its spring/summer meet on Wednesday.
Theresa's Tizzy rushed to the early lead under Laffit Pincay Jr., dueled with Hookedonthefeelin after that rival assumed a narrow lead, regained the lead in the stretch, and held off the late rush of Nany's Sweep to win the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse