Rock the Rock, a winning son of Rock of Gibraltar, will stand at Iowa State University near Ames.
Irish-bred Charm the Giant rallied from eighth with a furlong to run en route to a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Michael Baze in the $111,500 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the grass as Hollywood Park opened its spring/summer meet on Wednesday.
Theresa's Tizzy rushed to the early lead under Laffit Pincay Jr., dueled with Hookedonthefeelin after that rival assumed a narrow lead, regained the lead in the stretch, and held off the late rush of Nany's Sweep to win the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago