Rock the Rock, a winning son of Rock of Gibraltar, will stand at Iowa State University near Ames.
Irish-bred Charm the Giant rallied from eighth with a furlong to run en route to a 1 1/2-length victory under jockey Michael Baze in the $111,500 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the grass as Hollywood Park opened its spring/summer meet on Wednesday.
Theresa's Tizzy rushed to the early lead under Laffit Pincay Jr., dueled with Hookedonthefeelin after that rival assumed a narrow lead, regained the lead in the stretch, and held off the late rush of Nany's Sweep to win the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North