Arqana's Deauville yearling sale has seven yearlings by champion Sea The Stars. The sale company also hopes to attract U.S. participants with custom tours of the D-Day landing beaches near Normandy.
Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale closed out its four-day run Oct. 21 in France with increases of 21.3% in gross revenue, 8.1% in average price, and 16.7% in median price from 2009.
L'Agence Francaise -- the company operating Deauville sales -- and rival Goffs France have joined forces in a new venture backed by the Aga Khan.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double