Last year's Cougar II runner-up stretches back out to 12 furlongs versus 10 opponents.
Stella Perdomo's 7-year-old gelding Forte Dei Marmi has the distinction of being the only grade I winner in the full 14-horse field set for the April 26 Dixiana Elkhorn Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Argentinian-bred Ever Rider, looking to follow the path taken by Calidoscopio, heads a field of 10 along with millionaire Pool Play in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
Thirteen opponents await Slim Shadey in the $150,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) as the British-bred 5-year-old attempts to defend his title Sept. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
The $150,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 24 presents a golden opportunity for one of seven older colts and geldings to earn an automatic slot in the $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) this fall.
A year after Tom Proctor shipped Banned west to win the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) for Glen Hill Farms, the trainer is back for the turf event Sept. 3 with La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Old Time Hockey.
In a wild three-horse photo finish, Old Time Hockey outfought favored My Best Brother and Chips All In to win the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 11 at Del Mar.
Bettors won't have to look hard to find something in common with all five of the contestants in the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Aug. 11 for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th