For the first time Remington Park will be running a mixed Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred meet in 2003.
The Oklahoma Racing Commission approved a compromise racing schedule that tried to preserve a Quarter Horse meet at Remington Park, while allowing the financially trouble track to stay open. The trouble is that no one likes the compromise and some feel it was railroaded through by the commissioners.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications