For the first time Remington Park will be running a mixed Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred meet in 2003.
The Oklahoma Racing Commission approved a compromise racing schedule that tried to preserve a Quarter Horse meet at Remington Park, while allowing the financially trouble track to stay open. The trouble is that no one likes the compromise and some feel it was railroaded through by the commissioners.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start