The Oklahoma Derby card has increased from seven stakes to 10 stakes this year with the stakes purses increasing by $275,000 to a combined $1,325,000.
C.R. Trout capped a three-win night in the Oklahoma Classics Oct. 17 when Imahit went gate-to-wire to handily defeat favored Z Rockstar for a repeat victory in the $155,500 Classics Cup at Remington Park.
Remington Park in Oklahoma has bumped up the stakes schedule for its 2011 Thoroughbred meet, which runs from Aug. 18-Dec. 10.
J J's Indy led from start to finish to upset 3-5 favorite Pleasant Storm in the $167,375 Oklahoma Classics on the Oct. 22 night card at Remington Park in Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association, the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, and Remington Park have teamed together to announce the first $1-million day for Thoroughbred racing in Oklahoma history.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park. By taking the top race on the 14th Oklahoma Classics night, Zee Oh Six equals Mr. Ross, becoming just the second horse to win the Classic three times.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win