A 13-member New York State Task Force on Retired Race Horses has been appointed to "investigate the feasibility of creating a larger market and alternative employment opportunities for retired race horses, as well as the costs and benefits of installing artificial turf at race courses."
A total of 183 Finger Lakes Race Track Thoroughbreds found new homes in 2005 through volunteer efforts of the Exceller Fund and the Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards