The Ohio Roundtable said June 21 it will not file a memorandum in reply to the state's request that the Ohio Supreme Court not hear the public policy group's appeal of a lower court ruling that rejected its challenge to VLTs.
The Ohio Attorney General's office has asked the state Supreme Court not to hear an appeal by a public policy group challenging the 2011 law authorizing video lottery terminals at racetracks.
If the Ohio Supreme Court were to rule that video lottery terminals can't be installed at racetracks in the state, attempts to move tracks to new locations would be dropped.
The Ohio Supreme Court unanimously ruled April 30 it's not illegal for Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner to try to determine the parties behind an organization that challenged a 2009 directive on racetrack gaming.
Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland Sept. 30 put his plan for racetrack video lottery terminals on hold indefinitely in light of a recent state Supreme Court ruling and a need to balance the state budget.
Democratic Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland indicated Sept. 21 his administration is preparing to take the "next steps" in the wake of an Ohio Supreme Court ruling that says a statewide referendum is required before the state implements racetrack video lottery terminals.
The Ohio Supreme Court Sept. 21 gave opponents of installing video lottery terminals at racetracks the chance to ask voters to repeal the plan.
United States Sen. George Voinovich used biblical verse Sept. 3 to blast gambling proponents, including Ohio Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland, who is an ordained minister. Voinovich spoke while announcing a new lawsuit challenging implementation of racetrack video lottery terminals in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase