Belterra Park, which opened for gaming and Thoroughbred racing in May, plans to reduce overnight purses by about 20% according to its next condition book effective Aug. 30.
Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland signed a directive July 13 instructing the director of the Ohio Lottery to immediately begin taking steps to implement video lottery terminals at the seven racetracks in Ohio. But questions remain as to how the racing and breeding industry will benefit.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow