Belterra Park, which opened for gaming and Thoroughbred racing in May, plans to reduce overnight purses by about 20% according to its next condition book effective Aug. 30.
Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland signed a directive July 13 instructing the director of the Ohio Lottery to immediately begin taking steps to implement video lottery terminals at the seven racetracks in Ohio. But questions remain as to how the racing and breeding industry will benefit.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Silvano Offspring Dominate in Durban July
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse