Belterra Park, which opened for gaming and Thoroughbred racing in May, plans to reduce overnight purses by about 20% according to its next condition book effective Aug. 30.
Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland signed a directive July 13 instructing the director of the Ohio Lottery to immediately begin taking steps to implement video lottery terminals at the seven racetracks in Ohio. But questions remain as to how the racing and breeding industry will benefit.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas