The Ontario Harness Horse Association (OHHA) on July 25 offered its support to the proponents behind the EquiLottery initiative, a new horse racing product that adds lottery money directly into handle.
Pro-racetrack gaming forces in Ohio have taken a strong stand in opposition to a November referendum on full casino gambling in the state's four largest cities.
A stalemate between Thoroughbred and Standardbred horsemen in Ohio continued when the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association declined a proposal by the Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association to submit to mediation to resolve financial issues tied to state law.
The Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has asked the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association to agree to mediation in an effort to resolve "program and policy differences" between the Thoroughbred and Standardbred industries in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31