Pro-racetrack gaming forces in Ohio have taken a strong stand in opposition to a November referendum on full casino gambling in the state's four largest cities.
A stalemate between Thoroughbred and Standardbred horsemen in Ohio continued when the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association declined a proposal by the Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association to submit to mediation to resolve financial issues tied to state law.
The Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has asked the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association to agree to mediation in an effort to resolve "program and policy differences" between the Thoroughbred and Standardbred industries in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points