The Ontario Harness Horse Association (OHHA) on July 25 offered its support to the proponents behind the EquiLottery initiative, a new horse racing product that adds lottery money directly into handle.
Pro-racetrack gaming forces in Ohio have taken a strong stand in opposition to a November referendum on full casino gambling in the state's four largest cities.
A stalemate between Thoroughbred and Standardbred horsemen in Ohio continued when the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association declined a proposal by the Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association to submit to mediation to resolve financial issues tied to state law.
The Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has asked the Ohio Harness Horsemen's Association to agree to mediation in an effort to resolve "program and policy differences" between the Thoroughbred and Standardbred industries in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- The Outcrossing Advantage
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Louisiana Sale Reports Significant Gains
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Classic
- Brown Brings Talent Times Two Into F&M Turf