Terence Meyocks and Philip O'Hara, Jr. announced the formation of a new industry partnership June 12. The well-known Thoroughbred racing executives are the founding partners of Meyocks and O'Hara Racing Enterprises, Inc., a strategic acquisitions and advisory partnership which will market itself under the acronym "MORE."
TVG will break new ground when it presents a live telecast of the 34th annual Eclipse Awards, Monday, Jan. 24 from 6-10 p.m. PT. The network's telecast, from the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, marks the first time horseracing's "Oscars" will be presented live on TV.
TVG posted the highest quarterly handle in company history for the quarter that ended June 30, Ryan O'Hara, TVG president announced Friday. Keys to the second quarter figures were record wagering of $5.2 million on Kentucky Derby day (May 1) and $3.2 million on Belmont Stakes day (June 5).
Ryan O'Hara, the recently appointed chief operating officer of TV Games Network, has been promoted to president, parent company Gemstar-TV Guide announced Thursday.
TV Games Network had a record handle for the both the first quarter of 2004 and the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Former Penn National executive Phillip O'Hara has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Equibase, the official database of Thoroughbred racing statistics and information.
- By Victor Ryan
Wagering through TV Games Network rose 34% in 2003 to $213,725,181 and television distribution of the network increased by 45%, the company reported Thursday.
Gemstar-TV Guide International announced it has named Ryan O'Hara chief operating officer of its TVG Network.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting