Terence Meyocks and Philip O'Hara, Jr. announced the formation of a new industry partnership June 12. The well-known Thoroughbred racing executives are the founding partners of Meyocks and O'Hara Racing Enterprises, Inc., a strategic acquisitions and advisory partnership which will market itself under the acronym "MORE."
TVG will break new ground when it presents a live telecast of the 34th annual Eclipse Awards, Monday, Jan. 24 from 6-10 p.m. PT. The network's telecast, from the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, marks the first time horseracing's "Oscars" will be presented live on TV.
TVG posted the highest quarterly handle in company history for the quarter that ended June 30, Ryan O'Hara, TVG president announced Friday. Keys to the second quarter figures were record wagering of $5.2 million on Kentucky Derby day (May 1) and $3.2 million on Belmont Stakes day (June 5).
Ryan O'Hara, the recently appointed chief operating officer of TV Games Network, has been promoted to president, parent company Gemstar-TV Guide announced Thursday.
TV Games Network had a record handle for the both the first quarter of 2004 and the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Former Penn National executive Phillip O'Hara has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Equibase, the official database of Thoroughbred racing statistics and information.
Wagering through TV Games Network rose 34% in 2003 to $213,725,181 and television distribution of the network increased by 45%, the company reported Thursday.
Gemstar-TV Guide International announced it has named Ryan O'Hara chief operating officer of its TVG Network.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens