A field of 13 fillies and mares will line up for the fifth running of the $50,000 Buckland Stakes at Colonial Downs on Saturday. The Buckland is 5 1/2-furlong turf sprint for fillies and mares.
Broadway Stables' Go Go Baby Go eclipsed a Pimlico Race Course track record for five furlongs on the turf that was set only five races previously, leading every step to win the $75,000 The Very One Stakes Friday.
Gators N Bears got the jump on the field rounding the turn and had enough left in the stretch to hold off a charging Mt. Carson for a half-length victory in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on a Fourth of July Friday at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move