A field of 13 fillies and mares will line up for the fifth running of the $50,000 Buckland Stakes at Colonial Downs on Saturday. The Buckland is 5 1/2-furlong turf sprint for fillies and mares.
Broadway Stables' Go Go Baby Go eclipsed a Pimlico Race Course track record for five furlongs on the turf that was set only five races previously, leading every step to win the $75,000 The Very One Stakes Friday.
Gators N Bears got the jump on the field rounding the turn and had enough left in the stretch to hold off a charging Mt. Carson for a half-length victory in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on a Fourth of July Friday at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis