Pender Harbour, third in last month's Queen's Plate, captured the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown when he held off the surging Bowman's Causeway by a nose in the $524,000 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 17.
Queen's Plate runner-up Hippolytus, 61-1 in Canada's opening jewel of the Triple Crown, heads a field of seven Ontario-bred colts and geldings in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 17.
Seventeen go to the post in the Queen's Plate on June 26. Are you up to the challenge of predicting the order of finish? Predict the Order
Jason, Tom and Evan of TwinSpires.com handicap the Queen's Plate, first of the three jewels in the Canadian triple crown. Then the three analyze the Iowa Derby, which includes Caleb's Posse and Astrology. Watch Video
Images from weekend racing,events and scenes. View Slideshow
Most Popular Stories
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita