Multiple grade I winner and sire Ogygian, the oldest resident at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., died March 14 because of complications from colic. The son of Damascus was 32.
Street Boss is completely different horse than he was in 2007, when he couldn't seem to break through with a big win in allowance company. This year the son of Street Cry has won six of seven starts, with two wins in grade I races. He has become the third exceptional racehorse to blossom out of his sire's first crop.
Multiple grade I stakes winners Fraise and Ogygian arrived at the Old Friends retirement facility Aug. 16. Old Friends is based at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Fresh on the heels of welcoming pensioned stallion Taylor's Special to its retirement center, Old Friends has purchased Japanese stallion Ogygian.
Pedigree Analysis for Johannesburg
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win