Multiple grade I winner and sire Ogygian, the oldest resident at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., died March 14 because of complications from colic. The son of Damascus was 32.
Street Boss is completely different horse than he was in 2007, when he couldn't seem to break through with a big win in allowance company. This year the son of Street Cry has won six of seven starts, with two wins in grade I races. He has become the third exceptional racehorse to blossom out of his sire's first crop.
Multiple grade I stakes winners Fraise and Ogygian arrived at the Old Friends retirement facility Aug. 16. Old Friends is based at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Fresh on the heels of welcoming pensioned stallion Taylor's Special to its retirement center, Old Friends has purchased Japanese stallion Ogygian.
Pedigree Analysis for Johannesburg
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience