Multiple grade I winner and sire Ogygian, the oldest resident at Old Friends retirement farm near Georgetown, Ky., died March 14 because of complications from colic. The son of Damascus was 32.
Street Boss is completely different horse than he was in 2007, when he couldn't seem to break through with a big win in allowance company. This year the son of Street Cry has won six of seven starts, with two wins in grade I races. He has become the third exceptional racehorse to blossom out of his sire's first crop.
Multiple grade I stakes winners Fraise and Ogygian arrived at the Old Friends retirement facility Aug. 16. Old Friends is based at Alfred H. Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky.
Fresh on the heels of welcoming pensioned stallion Taylor's Special to its retirement center, Old Friends has purchased Japanese stallion Ogygian.
Pedigree Analysis for Johannesburg
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap