Sportech Racing said Sept. 12 it has signed a three-year extension of the totalizator services agreement it has with all racetracks, racing fairs, and off-track betting networks in California.
Using the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) to make his point, New York Assemblyman Micah Kellner, who represents Manhattan, railed on officials for not moving to offer offtrack betting at bars in New York City.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority said March 1 it has reached an agreement with the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association for the lease of Monmouth Park in time for the track's 2012 racing season.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel said Jan. 10 it has been unable to strike a deal with New York offtrack betting corporations for import of its signal.
Legislation expanding offtrack betting to a limited number of bars and restaurants will be discussed by New Jersey legislative committees Jan. 5.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
The New Jersey Racing Commission Dec. 22 will consider a request by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to yank the licenses of two off-track wagering facilities operated by private interests in the state.
The head of the embattled New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. has resigned at a time when the betting giant is attempting to create a financial survival plan, sources close to the matter said the evening of June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile