Let's Go Stable's Silent Valor made a strong four-wide move entering the stretch and ran down the leader inside the sixteenth-pole to post a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint for 2-year-olds on the Monmouth Park dirt.
Seven promising 2-year-olds, led by Sanford (gr. II) runner-up Officer Ipod, will vie for supremacy in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 31 at Monmouth Park.
Desert Party, purchased by Darley for $2.1 million earlier this year, received a rail-skimming ride from Edgar Prado and ran away from three rivals in the scratched-diluted $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 24 in the mud at Saratoga.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks