Let's Go Stable's Silent Valor made a strong four-wide move entering the stretch and ran down the leader inside the sixteenth-pole to post a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III), a six-furlong sprint for 2-year-olds on the Monmouth Park dirt.
Seven promising 2-year-olds, led by Sanford (gr. II) runner-up Officer Ipod, will vie for supremacy in the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 31 at Monmouth Park.
Desert Party, purchased by Darley for $2.1 million earlier this year, received a rail-skimming ride from Edgar Prado and ran away from three rivals in the scratched-diluted $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 24 in the mud at Saratoga.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture