The Michigan House and Senate are scrambling to find alternative funds for the Office of Racing Commissioner after a government order given the week of May 11 wiped out all the funds for Thoroughbred programs in order to pay state debts.
After some negotiations with different Thoroughbred groups, it appears Pinnacle Race Course near Detroit, Mich. may survive after all.
Michigan Governor John Engler moved quickly Friday, appointing R. Robert Geake as the state's racing commissioner.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning