The Michigan House and Senate are scrambling to find alternative funds for the Office of Racing Commissioner after a government order given the week of May 11 wiped out all the funds for Thoroughbred programs in order to pay state debts.
After some negotiations with different Thoroughbred groups, it appears Pinnacle Race Course near Detroit, Mich. may survive after all.
Michigan Governor John Engler moved quickly Friday, appointing R. Robert Geake as the state's racing commissioner.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers