Exchange wagering rules in California have been approved by the state's Office of Administrative Law, though implementation of any agreement to conduct the non-traditional form of pari-mutuel wagering is quite a ways off.
The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
The clock ticks for the arrival of account wagering in California, and it may keep ticking well into the new year. The earliest the state's racing fans can expect to be able to open accounts and begin telephone or Internet wagering is mid-February 2002, but depending on how well the regulatory review process goes, wagering might not occur until some time in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Stellar Wind Remains on Schedule for Distaff
- Tepin, Classic Empire Work at Churchill Downs
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC