A horse competition in Staunton, Ill., Oct. 20 will be held to benefit Thoroughbreds Helping Thoroughbreds, an organization that aims to promote the retired Thoroughbred as a capable horse breed for competition off the track.
The Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines after racing or breeding careers, is offering a performance award pilot program for the second half of 2013.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and California Retirement Management Account have announced a new matching funds program beginning with the upcoming 2013 race meeting at the seaside track opening July 17.
New Vocations is accepting resumes for the third annual Olivia M. Saylor Internship. The internship is a five-month paid position at the New Vocations Lexington facility.
Two days before riding Mylute to a fifth-place finish in the Kentucky Derby May 5, jockey Rosie Napravnik was appointed to the board of directors of Old Friends Farm. They are "thrilled to have her," said Michael Blowen.
The Thoroughbred Horse Show Association is taking entries for its second spring event April 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.
Learning how to use social media to boost public knowledge of aftercare facilities was one of the themes on the second and final day of a professional education seminar offered by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win