Trainer Mike Maker discusses the April 29 workout by General a Rod and how other Derby horses are doing. Mike mentions how General a Rod handles an off track. read blog
With Colonial Downs and the Virginia HBPA failing to reach a contract agreement on this year's race schedule, the track has decided to temporarily close several off-track betting locations.
Davis Etkin, founder and longtime president of the Capital Region Off-track Betting Corp. in upstate New York, was sentenced to two years in jail and fined $100,000 for misusing public funds and attempting to bribe a witness in a grand jury investigation.
Both houses of the New Jersey legislature approved a measure to authorize account wagering and off-track betting in the state, but Gov. Christine Whitman plans to veto it.
A bill that will enable New Jersey to proceed with off-track betting and telephone account wagering has passed another hurdle.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million
- Trinniberg Winner Falling Sky Could Go to Spa
- Champ Work All Week Takes Mountaineer Stakes
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs