Trainer Mike Maker discusses the April 29 workout by General a Rod and how other Derby horses are doing. Mike mentions how General a Rod handles an off track. read blog
With Colonial Downs and the Virginia HBPA failing to reach a contract agreement on this year's race schedule, the track has decided to temporarily close several off-track betting locations.
Davis Etkin, founder and longtime president of the Capital Region Off-track Betting Corp. in upstate New York, was sentenced to two years in jail and fined $100,000 for misusing public funds and attempting to bribe a witness in a grand jury investigation.
Both houses of the New Jersey legislature approved a measure to authorize account wagering and off-track betting in the state, but Gov. Christine Whitman plans to veto it.
A bill that will enable New Jersey to proceed with off-track betting and telephone account wagering has passed another hurdle.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase
- ABR Releases Episode 4 of TC Video Series