Trainer Mike Maker discusses the April 29 workout by General a Rod and how other Derby horses are doing. Mike mentions how General a Rod handles an off track. read blog
With Colonial Downs and the Virginia HBPA failing to reach a contract agreement on this year's race schedule, the track has decided to temporarily close several off-track betting locations.
Davis Etkin, founder and longtime president of the Capital Region Off-track Betting Corp. in upstate New York, was sentenced to two years in jail and fined $100,000 for misusing public funds and attempting to bribe a witness in a grand jury investigation.
Both houses of the New Jersey legislature approved a measure to authorize account wagering and off-track betting in the state, but Gov. Christine Whitman plans to veto it.
A bill that will enable New Jersey to proceed with off-track betting and telephone account wagering has passed another hurdle.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed