A group of off-track Thoroughbreds in Sydney, Australia has found a second career not too far from their first one. The Australian Turf Club's Mounted Security Division uses former racehorses as their mounts of choice.
New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program said Jan. 22 that it served over 450 retired racehorses and screened 1,111 potential recipients through their application process in 2014.
Blue Horse Charities announced July 10 the awarding of its grants for 2013 and a new association with the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, which begins this year.
Thirty non-profit organizations that found new homes for 805 Thoroughbreds in 2012 were beneficiaries of the grants.
Saturday April 20, 2013 Arson Squad visited Keeneland with Michael Blowen to help raise awareness of Old Friends Retirement facility and educate fans on the importance of Thoroughbred aftercare. read blog
- By Esther Marr
Beyond the Blinkers Guest Blogger Mary Cage shares the story of Miss Fifty. read blog
Entries are being taken for the inaugural show for off-the-track Thoroughbreds conducted by the Thoroughbred Horse Show Association April 14-15 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Equibase Company announced Oct. 27 it has unveiled a horse search feature on its Web site that consolidates and presents in one location the most current racing and pedigree information for individual Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby