Front-running Rocky Gulch was tiring fast in Sunday's $147,200 New Mexico Cup Classic at Zia Park under his 127-pound impost, but under powerful urging from jockey Jorge Bourdieu, the 4-year-old gelding got the job done as the prohibitive favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive