Apprentice Octavio Antonio Vergara Jr. won the first race of his career July 26 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Octavio Vergara ended his career as a jockey with a fourth-place finish aboard Powerofvoodoo in the fourth race Oct. 14 at Santa Anita Park.
The second race at Bay Meadows Feb. 6 was declared a no contest after four of the six horses in the $16,000 maiden claiming event were affected by a spill in deep stretch.
Under 131 pounds, Kashatreya closed through the stretch to win the $111,900 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. II) Thursday at Aqueduct. With Octavio Vergara in the irons, the 5-year-old New York-bred completed the six furlongs in 1:11.03 over a fast track and paid $19.20, $8.80 and $4.50.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci