Focus on the 'Big Three': Bone spavin, bog spavin, and OCD Download Now
Researchers at the University of Melbourne in Australia have found that the majority of lesions found radiographically in sale yearlings have no effect on their racetrack performance when they are 2 and 3 years old.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA) has published "OCDs in Sale Horses," its second in a series of educational booklets.
Some interesting findings from a study involving horses with ostechondrosis dissecans (OCD) lesions were presented during the recent World Equine Veterinary Association meeting in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill