Most of the horses running in the Sunshine Millions stakes are stabled in South Florida or Southern California, but the probable favorite for the $250,000 Ocala Stud Oaks at six furlongs will arrive by van from Ocala.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's homebred Silent Sighs took advantage of the fast pace set by Wacky Patty, catching the pacesetter in the final strides in winning the $250,000 Ocala Stud Oaks that was part of the Sunshine Millions Day card at Gulfstream Park.
When entries were drawn Monday morning for the four races that will comprise the Gulfstream Park half of the Sunshine Millions, two of the events drew full 12-horse fields.
A total of 130 horses, including several major stakes winners, have been pre-entered for the second running of the $3.6 million Sunshine Million at Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park on Jan. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution