Graded stakes winner Gottcha Gold came through with his first winner when his son My Daddy's Dollars won a maiden special weight race at Calder.
Gibson County, one of the surprise first-crop stallions of 2006, died the morning of March 12 of an apparent heart attack.
Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farms, which stands four of Florida's top eight stallions by 2006 progeny earnings, announced 2007 fees for all its stallions.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring juvenile auction ended its four-day run Thursday in Central Florida with small declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale record highs.
With horses breezing into a stiff headwind that didn't let up, the times slowed down Sunday at Calder Race Course during the second and final under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Arthur I. Appleton's homebred Forbidden Apple was honored as Florida's 2001 Horse of the Year during the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' annual awards dinner and ceremony in Ocala Monday night.
Graded stakes winner Slew Gin Fizz will stand the 2001 season at J. Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farms in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale