Graded stakes winner Gottcha Gold came through with his first winner when his son My Daddy's Dollars won a maiden special weight race at Calder.
Gibson County, one of the surprise first-crop stallions of 2006, died the morning of March 12 of an apparent heart attack.
Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farms, which stands four of Florida's top eight stallions by 2006 progeny earnings, announced 2007 fees for all its stallions.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring juvenile auction ended its four-day run Thursday in Central Florida with small declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale record highs.
With horses breezing into a stiff headwind that didn't let up, the times slowed down Sunday at Calder Race Course during the second and final under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Arthur I. Appleton's homebred Forbidden Apple was honored as Florida's 2001 Horse of the Year during the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' annual awards dinner and ceremony in Ocala Monday night.
Graded stakes winner Slew Gin Fizz will stand the 2001 season at J. Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farms in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer