Continental Red is considered the best of the California-bred handicap horses and he will try to extend that supremacy to the East Coast in Saturday's $1 million Ocala Breeders Sales Classic at Gulfstream Park on Sunshine Millions Day.
John Oxley's Booklet had his final workout on Sunday in preparation for Saturday's Sunshine Millions $1 million Ocala Breeders Sales Classic at Gulfstream Park, where the 4-year-old has posted a grade one win.
Seventy-nine stakes winners, including 56 horses who have won graded events, are among the 145 runners pre-entered Thursday in the inaugural $3.6 million Sunshine Millions at Santa Anita Park and Gulfstream Park on Jan. 25.
Not the least disheartened by Mayakovsky's ninth-place finish in the seven-furlong Malibu Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita on opening day, trainer Patrick Biancone says the 4-year-old Florida-bred is ready to go as he prepares for the $1 million Ocala Breeders' Sales Classic at 1 1/8 miles in the Sunshine Millions at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash