The catalog for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21-22 is now available via the OBS website at www.obssales.com.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has enacted a plan for both buyers and consignors at Thoroughbred auctions to automatically contribute a small portion of their respective purchases or gross sales to the organization.
The under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2013 June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age begins June 14 and continues through June 16. All three sessions begin at 7:30 a.m.
The supplemental catalog to the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age is now available on the company's website at obssales.com.
The selling season for select 2-year-olds in training staggered out of the starting gate in Central Florida Feb. 17. The year's first major juvenile auction, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February sale, suffered sobering setbacks of 29.3% in gross revenue, 33.7% in average price, and 28% in median price from a year ago. Another discouraging result was the buy-back rate, which soared from 28.2% in 2008 to 38.3%.
It's not yet clear if the other companies that conduct select juvenile auctions are going to follow Fasig-Tipton's lead and have a one-day under-tack show next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Looks Splendid in Las Flores
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe