Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
A filly by Quality Road brings $775,000 just three hips from the sale's end.
The under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training begins Monday, April 13, and continues through Saturday, April 18. All six sessions will begin at 8:00 a.m. ET
The catalog for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21-22 is now available via the OBS website at www.obssales.com.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has enacted a plan for both buyers and consignors at Thoroughbred auctions to automatically contribute a small portion of their respective purchases or gross sales to the organization.
The under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2013 June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age begins June 14 and continues through June 16. All three sessions begin at 7:30 a.m.
The supplemental catalog to the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age is now available on the company's website at obssales.com.
The selling season for select 2-year-olds in training staggered out of the starting gate in Central Florida Feb. 17. The year's first major juvenile auction, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February sale, suffered sobering setbacks of 29.3% in gross revenue, 33.7% in average price, and 28% in median price from a year ago. Another discouraging result was the buy-back rate, which soared from 28.2% in 2008 to 38.3%.
It's not yet clear if the other companies that conduct select juvenile auctions are going to follow Fasig-Tipton's lead and have a one-day under-tack show next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes