There were no surprises at the first open session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s August yearling sale, as the free-fall in prices and large percentage of buybacks seen the previous day during the select sale continued at the Aug. 24 session.
Topped by a son of Flatter sold for $210,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s August select yearling sale session mirrored recent sales with declines in all key statistical categories and a high buy-back rate.
A son of third-leading first crop sire Mission Impazible is among the yearlings that could attract buyers’ attention during the Aug. 24 second session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s August sale.
After taking some hits in the 2-year-old market, especially in the lower- to mid-price ranges and in the late-season auctions, those who buy horses primarily to be sold later said they would be more selective in their purchases this year.
The penultimate under tack session June 9 for next week’s Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s 2-year-olds in training sale once again resulted in a handful of juveniles sharing the day’s fastest times for both the eighth-mile and quarter-mile breezes.
A colt by El Prado and a filly by Sky Mesa topped the 2006 Adena Springs South 2-year-olds in training sale March 26 at the auction held at the Williston, Fla., farm.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud