The mini-satellite wagering network in California expanded to Santa Maria with the California Horse Racing Board's approval Aug. 25.
After months of planning approvals and construction, the OC Tavern Grill and Sports Bar, located in the Southern Orange County beach community of San Clemente, is ready to open its doors to horse players.
A San Clemente, Calif., tavern moved one step closer July 6 to becoming the state's first bar or restaurant to offer wagering on horse races under a law authorizing "mini-satellites" passed in 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up