The mini-satellite wagering network in California expanded to Santa Maria with the California Horse Racing Board's approval Aug. 25.
After months of planning approvals and construction, the OC Tavern Grill and Sports Bar, located in the Southern Orange County beach community of San Clemente, is ready to open its doors to horse players.
A San Clemente, Calif., tavern moved one step closer July 6 to becoming the state's first bar or restaurant to offer wagering on horse races under a law authorizing "mini-satellites" passed in 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar