The mini-satellite wagering network in California expanded to Santa Maria with the California Horse Racing Board's approval Aug. 25.
After months of planning approvals and construction, the OC Tavern Grill and Sports Bar, located in the Southern Orange County beach community of San Clemente, is ready to open its doors to horse players.
A San Clemente, Calif., tavern moved one step closer July 6 to becoming the state's first bar or restaurant to offer wagering on horse races under a law authorizing "mini-satellites" passed in 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate