After laying out a bid of $200,000 during the March 15 session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March 2-year-olds in training sale, Billy Koch and his partners got to bring home a colt they already considered part of the family.
Trainer Graham Motion went to $700,000 to secure a City Zip filly to become the new sale-topper midway through the first session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's March 2-year-olds in training sale.
After establishing a record gross, average and median last year, Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's general manager and director of sales Tom Ventura is confident of another stellar sale when the two-day select 2-year-olds in training sale kicks off March 27 at the Central Florida auction house.
Under near perfect weather conditions, and with a cross-section of East and West Coast trainers and bloodstock agents looking on, the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2-year-old in training sale under tack session March 24 concluded with colts by Phone Trick and Malibu Moon registering the fastest times at their respective distances.
A colt by Yonaguska and a filly by Tactical Cat breezed quarters in :21 flat to post the fastest times at the distance at the first session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training. The two-day sale begins March 27 wiht sessions beginning at 11 a.m.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million