An active third and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 22 in Ocala, Fla. fueled new sale open session records for average and median prices.
Figures rose across the board for the second straight day at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21 in Ocala, Fla.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2013 August Yearling Sale, with 841 youngsters cataloged, begins its three-day run Tuesday, Aug. 20.
A colt by Old Fashioned consigned by Bobby Jones Equine topped the final open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August Yearling Sale in Central Florida on Aug. 23, selling to trainer Greg Gilchrist for $55,000.
A colt by Kitten's Joy topped the first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August Yearling Sale in Central Florida on Aug. 22, selling to Al Pike, agent, for $110,000.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale finished its four-day run in Central Florida Thursday with declines in gross revenue and average price.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale got off to a slower start than it did a year ago. During Monday's select session, the gross revenue, average price, and median price fell by 9.1%, 11.8%, and 8.6%, respectively. But OBS officials said the drops were not surprising.
Most Popular Stories
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes