Brother Derek, his career on a downturn since a fourth straight graded stakes victory in last April's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), needs a return to his best form in Saturday's 60th running of the $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at his favorite track.
Likely favorites Brother Derek and Arson Squad will switch riders for Saturday's $200,000 San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles.
With convincing victories in the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) and San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) to remain unbeaten around two turns, Brother Derek is expected to take another long stride on the Triple Crown trail as the 6-5 favorite in the $200,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Cause to Believe lived up to his name with a come-from-behind victory in Sunday's $250,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' With Distinction prevailed in a driving three-horse finish and survived a jockey's claim of foul to emerge victorious in Monday's grade III, $112,100 El Conejo Handicap at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet