Retired jockey George Munsell Jr., who competed for more than 40 years, died June 10 in Williston, Fla. He was 73. His win total ranked 184th through June 27.
Veteran Illinois-based trainer Charlie Bettis died June 21 at the age of 62 of natural causes, according to Arlington Park.
Martin Burdett-Coutts, who operated Can-Am Bloodstock, died Dec. 15 in Florida at age 86.
Robert Wehle, well known in Thoroughbred breeding circles for his ownership interest in stallions, died July 12. He was 82.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North