Retired jockey George Munsell Jr., who competed for more than 40 years, died June 10 in Williston, Fla. He was 73. His win total ranked 184th through June 27.
Veteran Illinois-based trainer Charlie Bettis died June 21 at the age of 62 of natural causes, according to Arlington Park.
Martin Burdett-Coutts, who operated Can-Am Bloodstock, died Dec. 15 in Florida at age 86.
Robert Wehle, well known in Thoroughbred breeding circles for his ownership interest in stallions, died July 12. He was 82.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16