Retired jockey George Munsell Jr., who competed for more than 40 years, died June 10 in Williston, Fla. He was 73. His win total ranked 184th through June 27.
Veteran Illinois-based trainer Charlie Bettis died June 21 at the age of 62 of natural causes, according to Arlington Park.
Martin Burdett-Coutts, who operated Can-Am Bloodstock, died Dec. 15 in Florida at age 86.
Robert Wehle, well known in Thoroughbred breeding circles for his ownership interest in stallions, died July 12. He was 82.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse