A nicely matched field of older males will go postward in the Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Sept. 29.
The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, the 4-5 favorite, kicked his way to the front at the sixteenth pole and stayed unbeaten on the turf in three starts with a half-length victory in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Yate's Black Cat had to win three times before he officially made it to the winner's circle, but he is favored to make a quick return in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the Churchilll Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome