A nicely matched field of older males will go postward in the Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Sept. 29.
The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, the 4-5 favorite, kicked his way to the front at the sixteenth pole and stayed unbeaten on the turf in three starts with a half-length victory in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Yate's Black Cat had to win three times before he officially made it to the winner's circle, but he is favored to make a quick return in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the Churchilll Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt