A nicely matched field of older males will go postward in the Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Sept. 29.
The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, the 4-5 favorite, kicked his way to the front at the sixteenth pole and stayed unbeaten on the turf in three starts with a half-length victory in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Yate's Black Cat had to win three times before he officially made it to the winner's circle, but he is favored to make a quick return in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the Churchilll Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington