A nicely matched field of older males will go postward in the Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Sept. 29.
The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, the 4-5 favorite, kicked his way to the front at the sixteenth pole and stayed unbeaten on the turf in three starts with a half-length victory in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Yate's Black Cat had to win three times before he officially made it to the winner's circle, but he is favored to make a quick return in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the Churchilll Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies