A nicely matched field of older males will go postward in the Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Hawthorne Sept. 29.
The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mill House's homebred Brilliant, the 4-5 favorite, kicked his way to the front at the sixteenth pole and stayed unbeaten on the turf in three starts with a half-length victory in the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Yate's Black Cat had to win three times before he officially made it to the winner's circle, but he is favored to make a quick return in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the Churchilll Downs turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint