Bertram Linder, a Saratoga sale yearling consigner for 50 years, died Oct. 7.
Team Valor Stables' Unbridled Belle turned in an uncharacteristically poor performance in the Louisville Distaff (gr. II) last out, but her connections say they are hopeful the 6-year-old mare will rebound with a big effort in the $125,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III), a race that she won a year ago.
Team Valor Stable's Unbridled Belle successfully opened her 2008 campaign with a convincing victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 14.
Last year, Unbridled Belle was coming off a nine-month layoff when she began her 4-year-old campaign and finished second in the Obeah Stakes (gr. III). The connections for the Broken Vow mare, off since finishing fifth in the Oct. 27 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), have chosen the same starting point again in 2008, as she will make her 5-year-old debut in the June 14 Obeah at Delaware Park.
The Jane duPont Lunger Residual Charitable Trust recently made a $250,000 contribution to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, which specifically funds equine veterinary research.
Carnivalay, one of Maryland's top stallions since entering the stallion ranks at the Pons family's Country Life Farm near Bel Air, Md., and one of the last of the Northern Dancers at stud, has been pensioned because of decreased fertility.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame