After Oakleigh Farm operator Paul Sutton was injured by a yearling, his friend Steve Watkins stepped in to manage Oakleigh's Fasig-Tipton October consignment.
Champagne Stakes winner Havana, undefeated in his first two starts for Michael Tabor, John Magnier, and Derrick Smith, is one of six 2-year-olds in training sale graduates pre-entered in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
The second-highest-priced horse sold at this week's Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale -- a Chief Seattle filly purchased Tuesday for $270,000 by bloodstock agent Buzz Chace -- was bought privately for $29,000 by pinhooker John Brocklebank less than 24 hours earlier and should have been scratched, according to Fasig-Tipton officials.
A strapping bay son of Elusive Quality topped the second session of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet