Following a successful opening month at Oaklawn Park, including record growth in the Instant Racing pari-mutuel wagering system, the track announced an across-the-board purse increase, beginning with the races of Feb. 24.
Golden Sonata came from out of the clouds in the stretch to blow by her rivals and win the $200,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday.
Braun & English's Pippin Stakes winner Red n'Gold and the highly-regarded New York stakes mare Mandy's Gold figure to head the field for Saturday's featured $200,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements