Following a successful opening month at Oaklawn Park, including record growth in the Instant Racing pari-mutuel wagering system, the track announced an across-the-board purse increase, beginning with the races of Feb. 24.
Golden Sonata came from out of the clouds in the stretch to blow by her rivals and win the $200,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday.
Braun & English's Pippin Stakes winner Red n'Gold and the highly-regarded New York stakes mare Mandy's Gold figure to head the field for Saturday's featured $200,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal