Grindstone, the first Kentucky Derby winner to stand in the state of Oregon, will see several of his 2-year-olds make their debuts on Oregon Championship Day Nov. 17 at Portland Meadows.
Understatement, a dual stakes-winning son of Distorted Humor and $1,050,000 Keeneland September yearling, has been retired to stallion duty at Oakhurst Thoroughbreds in Newburg, Oregon.
Sweet Saga proved extra special for her sire, Oregon stallion Slew's Saga. The 2-year-old filly became the first winner for her first-crop sire when she captured the Barbara Shinpoch Stakes.
Seattle Shamus, whose :20.96 is believed to be the fastest opening quarter-mile ever run at Santa Anita, will enter stud at Dr. Jack Root's Oakhurst Thoroughbreds near Newberg, Ore.
Abstract, one of Oregon's leading sires, has relocated to Cross Country Ranch near Lapine, Ore.
Timber Legend, a half-brother to two grade I winners, and Unbridled's Comet, a $1.9 million Keeneland July yearling, have been retired from racing and will enter stud at Dr. Jack Root's Oakhurst Thoroughbreds near Newberg, Ore.
First-crop sire Danjur was represented by his first winner Friday at Louisiana Downs when Dandy Princess won the track's ninth race, a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race for 2-year-old fillies. On Sunday, Danjur's half-brother -- Godolphin's Essence of Dubai -- won in his career debut at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet